How to Throw
- Register with Throwplace.com® as a Individual, Charity or Business.
- Fill out a Throw form [you will be able to designate which section you want your Throw listed in—Charity, Business or Up-For-Grabs].
- Receive e-mail requests from those interested in claiming your Throw. Read Take requests in MY ACCOUNT, MY THROWS, and lick on ITEM. Throwplace will send you an email to let you know when a Take Request has been made for an item you have listed.
- Select a recipient by clicking ACCEPT on the Take Request form and SUBMIT.
- The Taker's name, address, email address & phone number will be published in your MY ACCOUNT, MY THROWS (click on item). Throwplace will automatically send your email address to the selected recipient. Look for this email!
- Contact the Taker or ship to them, using the information provided. Or call to arrange for shipping or pickup of your donation.
- Throwplace will automatically remove your Throw from the active listings once you select a recipient.
- Make certain you have put firstname.lastname@example.org in your address book so you will be sure to receive site notifications. Look in your Junk, Spam or Bulk folders if you don't receive an anticipated notice from Throwplace or a message from the Donor or Taker.
How to Take
- Register with Throwplace.com® as a Individual, Charity or Business.
- Verify your email address (look for a verification email from Throwplace immediately after registering).
- Browse Throws. Click on item name to read the description. Fill in the box under Request This Item on the listing description, then clicking Submit.
- If you are selected, you will receive an email from Throwplace letting you know that you were chosen to receive the goods. Then Throwplace will make your name, address, phone number and email address visible to the DONOR/THROWER.
- Arrange for shipping or pick up directly with the Thrower.
- If you are a Charity, send Thrower a receipt when goods are received within 7 days.
- NOTE: Throwplace does NOT take possession of any items. You must make a "Take Request" on the site, which goes directly to the person who listed the item (the Thrower).
Throwplace.com® is a Web site where global registered users may list goods they wish to give away to others. Charities, Businesses or Individuals registered with Throwplace.com® are able to search the site and make requests for items of interest. Items listed on Throwplace are NOT for sale—they are listed for give-away.
- Registration is free for everyone
- Listing (throwing) is free for everyone
- Taking from the Up-For-Grabs section is free for everyone
- Taking from the U.S. Charity section is free to 501(c)(3) nonprofits registered with and verified by Throwplace.com® (up to 5 listings per month)
- Taking from the International Charity section is free to International Charities registered with Throwplace.com® (up to 5 listings per month)
- Taking from the Business/Individual section requires a subscription. Fees are very reasonable and enable us to offer so many services free of charge. Please consider subscribing to Throwplace.com® and help support our mission! Subscribing businesses receive a listing in our Business Directory!
Rules & Tips
Everything listed is to be given away. Do not list anything for sale.
- Please pass on anything you take from Throwplace if and when you no longer need it, and always try to find another use for unwanted goods--or a responsible method of disposal.
- Please put email@example.com in your email address book so that you will be sure to receive site notifications. If you do not have a verification email from Throwplace.com in your inbox after completing your registration, please check your Bulk, Junk or Spam folders.
- You must fill in required fields when registering with a real phone number, name and address. This information is never shared with a third party. Throwplace.com® must be able to contact a user by phone if emails do not go through, or has been changed. Registrations with incomplete contact information will be suspended.
- Add a photo to your listing--it's easy and free. Just put photo on your hard drive, use "Upload" button to find photo file. Be detailed when listing your items.
- Please do not publish names and/or phone numbers in Throw listings or Take requests. If you would like to add your name to a Throw listing, you must opt for an enhanced listing, and pay a nominal fee to publish your name, a company name and/or to add a logo to the Throw listing (see Rates below).
- The Charity name, city, state and country will appear in the Take Request, so Charities will not need to add their name to the Take Request.
- Promptly select a recipient. Please do not exceed 10 Take requests before selecting a recipient. Delete any Throw listing that is not still available. You may do this by going to My Account, My Throws, Delete.
- Please respond within 14 days to accepted Take requests--make arrangements for pick-up or shipping within 3 days of receiving the recipient's email address.
- Promptly reimburse postage if you have agreed to pay for it. Users who do not reimburse promised postage within 10 days of shipment will have their accounts suspended. A good way to avoid problems is to ask that postage be deposited in your PayPal account; to ask recipient to send stamps and mailing label to you; to ship to a recipient's UPS or Federal Express account; or to send a package COD.
User Groups and Throw bins (sections)
- Recipients of goods listed on Throwplace.com® are primarily three groups--Charities, Businesses and Individuals. User groups are:
- U.S. Charities (organizations recognized by the IRS as able to return a receipt to the donor that can be used for US income tax deduction purposes. These include US IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofits, schools, libraries, government agencies or instrumentalities using donations for a public purpose; and churches)
- International Charities (charitable organizations and nonprofits located outside of the US and nonprofits in US without 501(c)(3) status)
- Business / Individuals (the general public, recyclers, refurbishers, reusers and all other businesses)
- Donors have the option of listing their goods in four sections:
- U.S. Charity (where only registered, IRS-verified US nonprofit organizations as described above will be able to select items)
- International Charities (charitable organizations and nonprofits located outside of the US--status cannot be verified by Throwplace--and nonprofits in US without 501(c)(3) status)
- Business / Individual (where registered, dues-paying non-charitable Businesses and Individuals can request items) and
- Up-For-Grabs (where items can be taken by any registered user of the site)
Throwplace.com® encourages donors to list functional items in good condition in the Charity section. Goods with reuse or recycling potential can be listed in the Business section, along with items needing refurbishing or parts for recycling. Items of low value but with creative use potential like bottlecaps, corks, or even egg crates can be listed in the Up-For-Grabs section.
Items not claimed by Charities within 90 days will roll into the Business section, and from Business to Up-For-Grabs. After a Throw has rolled into the Up-For-Grabs section it will automatically be deleted if it has not been given away in 120 days.
Throwplace.com® has a two-fold purpose—the philanthropic redistribution of society’s excess and the facilitation of recycling in both the consumer and Business sectors. Throwplace.com® facilitates the reuse of merchandise and surplus materials and provides a vehicle for the redistribution of goods in the global marketplace. Raising the public’s awareness of responsible environmental practices is a major byproduct of site use.
Subscriptions & Advertising Rates
go to bottom of page
Throwing is free for everyone!
Throw Listing Enhancements Fees
Add your company or charity name and/or logo to a Throw listing.
|Business or Charity name placement
|Business or Charity logo placement
Taking from the Up-For-Grabs section is free for everyone!
Taking from the U.S. and International Charity Sections
Only U.S. Charities may take from the U.S. Charities section. All Charities may take from the International Charities section. Charities registered with Throwplace.com are allowed
5 free Takes per calendar month, then
$5 each Take
Fees to Take from the Business Section
Businesses and Individuals must pay a nominal monthly subscription fee in order to Take from the Business Section. Business subscriptions include a listing in the Throwplace Business Directory. To subscribe, register with Throwplace, verify your email address, then go to My Subscriptions.
|| Monthly Subscription
|| Annual Subscription
|Business (annual revenue Under $1 million)
|Business (annual revenue $1-10 million)
|Business (annual revenue $10-25 million)
|Business (annual revenue Over $25 million)
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with listing information and for current rates.
All fees are non-refundable.